The big question is Why Is Paintball So Expensive? Paintball can be a pleasant one-time activity with friends for an event or a fun day trip. Paintball can also be a fun hobby if you want something to do periodically. The cost of paintball is dependent upon the amount of investment that you want to make.
Why Is Paintball So Expensive? Yes, it could be a sport or hobby that is expensive. You look at the price of 30-60 dollars depending on where you go, to play paintball one time. You can use a couple of hundred dollars to get the basics when you choose to buy your own equipment. The paintballs themselves cost between $30 and $60 per box.
Table of Contents
The Cost of Paintball, A Breakdown of Cost – Why Is Paintball So Expensive
Paintball costs may vary according to how many times you want to play Paintball and rent gear from a facility or buy your own. It is also important to know what equipment you plan to use in paintball.
One Time Cost:
You should find a place that offers a one-time fee, if you don’t see Paintball as a continual pastime, or if you would like to try it out to see if you prefer it. Make sure you also check that you can rent the equipment you need. Entry fees for a field of paintball can vary from $10-25 for a Paintball round.
On average, the rental of the equipment will cost you an additional $ 30. There are some places in which it is necessary to buy a painting on the ground, which is often more costly than the paint you can buy elsewhere. The field paint ranges from $30 to $60.
If you decide to rent equipment in view, here is a list of fundamental items you should be using.
- ● Good start-level pistol gun
- ● The Mask protecting your eyes against sponges and paintballs
- ● A tank full of compressed air or CO2 that drives the paintball
- ● The Hopper (a device that fit your gun, also called a loader).
- ● Hopper. This stores your paint before the paint is loaded into the firing room)
- ● A few balls of paint
Is Paintball a Costly Hobby – Why Is Paintball So Expensive
You would like to spend more money on Paintball regularly and turn it into a long-term hobby by buying your equipment. If you like it more. You can also better purchase the quality of the material than the ones you can rent depending on the amount you want to spend.
Purchasing Your Equipment
You can pay 30-50 dollars anywhere for a basic Paintball pack at your local big retailer. In general, these packages contain:
● A basic gun
● A few 12-gram CO2 canisters
You spend more in the range of 70 to 100 dollars if you want a more advanced weapon like a semi-automatic entry-level paintball gun or an electromechanical weapon. The equipment may or may not be included depending on the weapons. You can buy individual accessories.
● Masks begin at approximately $20
● CO2 start cost is approximately $12.
● The cost of hops is about $5.
Some weapons cannot be changed, while others allow upgrades such as the addition of extension chambers, improvement of barrels, and other upgrades. The cost of your gun is increased with all these upgrades.
Besides the basic equipment you need to play paintball, there are other objects that will cost you additional money, such as Paintball, air, high-end guns, and accessories. Not everything you need to play paintball, but the experience can be more enjoyable. As with many things, good quality items sometimes cost you money, but last longer.
Paint and Air Costs – Why Is Paintball So Expensive
While you once shop for certain things such as your gun and your mask, others like paintballs and air are a recurrent purchase. Paintballs are generally available in 2000 boxes for purchase. These items can sometimes be purchased in bulk, which reduces their costs. The costs of a paintball box vary between $30 and $60. It will cost more a high-quality paint. You have to play paintball about 200 paintballs per hour.
Paintballs are made of biodegradable material that is not toxic. Higher-end cycles will be more spherical in shape and their shells will diminish to make their impact easier. The thick and luminfully colored paintballs are also of good quality. This makes it more difficult for an opponent to hide the fact that it was hit.
You have to use a 12-g CO2 canister and only last one-shot for pumping guns. You have to invest in a 12-gram CO2 disposable container for this type of weapon. Some paintball fields offer players the possibility to buy refills on-site.
You can buy a professional paintball gun if money is not dissuasive for you and you want the best equipment available. These paintball guns can cost up to $2000. A few thousand more dollars can easily be spent on professional appliances. Most high-end paintball guns in their tanks require compressed air and not CO2. You have to buy a motorized Hopper to get the maximum firing speed for your guns. Depending on the quality and specifications, these can range from $15-250.
For most of what you need, a specialty shop will have accessories, updates and improvements. High-end clothing with personalized jerseys, special pants and pads is frequently available. These clothing types are available at a higher price.
Types of Paintball Variations – Why Is Paintball So Expensive
Woodsball – Why Is Paintball So Expensive
Woodsball is the original outdoors version of paintball and opens up to a wide range of gameplay aims. The game strategy depends heavily on the field that can be wildly different from one playground to the next.
- More spread out than speedball
- Involves more players
- Takes longer to play
- Requires a different set of paintball gear such as tactical boots, compact binoculars, etc.
This kind of game began in wooded areas as a recreational game. It is also a tactical style of play, with the most popular style being flag capture and elimination. The terrains are exterior and all types of terrain are available. Normally, only small sections of the field can be viewed at any one moment.
Speedball – Why Is Paintball So Expensive
Speedball is played on a flat plot approximately half the size of a forest area, with a few bars or bunkers and no natural cover. These bunkers used to be large wooden bunkers or wastewater pipes, but these days inflatable bunkers are more common.
speedball is the only game played for three main reasons in the different professional ligaments:
1. The field can be created on both sides as a mirror image so that no team has an advantage in the field.
2. The flat, open playground facilitates correct calls for referees.
3. It is easier for the spectators to follow the action by using small field sizes.
On a smaller field with bunkers is played Speedball. These areas are usually approximately half the size of a football field and without any leaf. In addition to the artificial barriers, players can usually see from one end to the next.
Scenario – Why Is Paintball So Expensive
This kind of game is quite like woodball. It is often played outside in a wide area. This game is designed and planned in this style. A small group of 100 participants can be included. In a scenario, players have a structured storyline or scenario. It may be a reenactment of history or a fictional thing. These games can take hours or days.
Tournament Play – Why Is Paintball So Expensive
The smaller open speedball fields enable officials to look at the game better and make the right calls. Viewers can also view the entire field and television is possible. The competition.
What Type of Clothing Should I Wear to Paintball – Why Is Paintball So Expensive
Using the right dress while playing paintball is not only important for protecting your body but also to make sure that your opponents do not move around easily.
Old clothes should be worn. Others may not be and will stain easier while some colors are water-soluble.
You will also play in various settings and fields. You may crawl or pass through mud, dirt, and waste, which can easily tear your clothes up or stain them. They can stain and make you more visible, avoid light-colored clothes. You should use darker colors or camouflage to hide it from your adversary more easily.
Types of Things to Wear for Paintball
- Use long shoes. 1. When a paintball hits your skin, it can hurt. You should wear a sweatshirt and a long sleeve shirt. It’s best. Take t-shirts to avoid. If the weather changes, it’s always a good idea to bring a back jacket. The best way to fit loose shirts is to keep out impact hits.
- Wear pants like dark-colored loose sweatpants. Cargo panties can also be used to Paintball in, Paintball-specific pants, jumpsuits and jeans. Access to all kinds of elements, like rocks, dirt, spines, twigs, etc., depending on your location.
The pants you wear should be able to protect your skin from the terrain and the paintballs. You also might be crawling, kneeling, running, or jumping. Thicker material is best for your protection, or you might double up on athletic-type pants. Make sure your pants are still comfortable and flexible and able to give you a wide range of movement.
- Gloves for protecting your hands are a good investment if you often play paintball. Your hands are one of the most common things paintballs have to hit, because they are most exposed. Your hands also include numerous vulnerable areas and gloves protect them during the game. In a specialty shop you can buy paint-specific gloves. Other gloves such as soccer, golf, gardens and lifting gloves can protect your hands too. Take care not to put thicker gloves such as winter or latex gloves on them. These handles are harder to work with and harder to draw in the trigger.
- You can especially design Paintball Jerseys for your team. Special jerseys are usually made of lightweight, vented material for a speedball version of paintball. The fit is looser, so that the player wears pads below. These Paintball-style jerseys also absorb impact and enable bounce.
You can find jerseys for Woodsball Paintball that are more camouflage and muted in color, enabling you to fit more in your environment. These sleeves are more fitted in order to keep dirt and other natural elements out of a jacket and have flaked sleeves.
- Vests are a good investment if you plan more frequently to play paintball. Paintball jackets come with shock absorbing padding. They also have a lot of pockets to assist you with everything you need while you are out on the pitch.
- Whether it’s a full mask or guns, the headgear should always be worn. In many styles and sizes, high-end masks and guns come. You can also have additional fittings and an anti-fog shield that make your experience more pleasant. It is also important for your baseball hat or sweatshirt’s cap to protect other parts of your head. Again, try to keep your skin exposed to the least amount.
- The type of shoe will depend on which type of paintball you plan to play. Make sure your shoes have the proper support for your ankle if you play scenario or woodball. A walking boat or a trail or running shoe is possible.
You may choose to wear a cleat when playing speedball to help you run on turf or grass. Do not use metal spiked cleats because other players are known to injure you. Avoid toes or sandals that are open, too. With a good and proper pair of shoes, protect your feet.
- Pod packs are another great item in a Paintball game. These packages contain your additional paint during the games. Pod packs are designed to be worn around your waist either vertically or horizontally. Both kinds have their advantages and disadvantages. Test it and find out what is best for you. The best choice is to try it.
It is best to invest in all the right kind of clothing and accessories for playing a game when paintball will be a long time hobby for you. With the right clothing you can enjoy your field experience and be more comfortable. Always make sure your body is cured and protected if you play paintball only once or on rare occasions. Do not use jewelry or other costly items that may become lost or broken.
What to Wear to Paintball in Hot Weather – Why Is Paintball So Expensive
Summer can be a wonderful time for paintball. Often people can make Paintball as a hobby worth the money they’ve spent on their equipment. It is always important to protect your body against the problems and paint when you play paintball.
In the summer heat, that may be more difficult. Wearing long sleeves and sweat pants does not sound great if it’s more than 90 degrees. If you plan to go Paintball in summer, choose lightweight, breathable clothing outside and it’s hot.
The clothing that covers most of your body is always a good idea to protect yourself from paint. But if you decide to wear short shirts and fingerprints, wear elbow and knee pads to protect yourself. Always wear a sunscreen even if you’re covered up under your gear.
A hat or google screen is also a great idea to keep the sun from your face. Definitely from heat and all around, you will be very sweaty. You can help keep your face off the sweat with a bandana or sweatband and keep your goggles off fog.
Other Tips for Paintballing in Heat
If you want to play paintball in the summer, there are a few other tips and ideas that can be helpful and help you have a more successful outing.
Drink Plenty of Water
If you’re playing paintball in hot weather, make sure you drink plenty of water before, during, and after the game. Before you leave for your Paintball outing, make sure you drink plenty of water, and then double the amount when you’re out in the heat.
It’s a good idea to carry water bottles with you that are already full, and to drink regularly between games, even if you don’t feel thirsty. You may also want to carry a water bottle hat that fits into your pack so that you can drink while playing.
Protect Your Drinks and Gear
Extreme heat will not only make your drinking water hot, but it will also affect your Paintball equipment. Bring two coolers with you if you’re playing in the heat: one for drinks and one for your paint and air tanks.
You might also want to bring some light protein snacks with you for extra energy boosts. Sugary drinks, soda, and other sugary foods should be avoided. In the sun, consuming large quantities of sugar will hasten dehydration.
Pack your paint and air tanks in the second cooler. When paintballs become too hot, they will melt, swell, and take on the form of the container in which they are held.
Make sure this cooler doesn’t have any ice in it. Wrap an ice pack in a towel and store it in the cooler with your other belongings. Ice cubes can create steam and humidity, which can damage paint and air tanks.
Protect Your Face and Mask
When playing outside in the heat, it is important to apply sunscreen to your skin. When playing paintball, it’s also a good idea to wear a mask to shield your face and eyes from the paint and the effects of the paint. Heat and humidity will cause your mask to fog up, obstructing your vision while playing. Here are some suggestions for keeping your mask clear and visible on the run.
- Remove your mask between games to allow it to cool down. Before you remove your mask, double-check that all weapons and paint are in order.
- If you’re going to wear goggles, bring an extra pair with you to the field so you can take them off between games.
- Bring an extra lense to swap out between games if you have a mask.
- There are dual-lens goggles on the market that can help keep heat and fog out.
- Goggle fans can be clipped on to your goggles to help minimize fog and improve visibility.
Take Breaks and Find Shade
As much as possible, try to find shade for yourself and your gear throughout the game. It’s best to keep your CO2 tanks and paint as far away from the sun as possible. While compressed air tanks are less affected by the sun, it is still a good idea to keep them out of direct sunlight for extended periods of time.
Heat has a variety of effects on our bodies. Some people can feel exhausted, nauseous, or even dizzy. Take care of yourself and pay attention to your body’s needs. Keep hydrated, seek shade, and take a break. If you do this stuff, your Paintball outing would be a huge success.
What to Wear to Paintball in Cold Weather – Why Is Paintball So Expensive
In the winter, don’t let the wind, snow, or ice deter you from playing paintball. Just make sure you’re dressed appropriately and have the necessary equipment to have a nice time, even though it’s freezing outside. If you’re playing paintball in the winter, here are some suggestions on what to wear and carry.
- When playing paintball in the winter, layering is important. Players also arrive underdressed, believing that they will warm up once they begin playing. Others don’t cover enough and end up overheating in a thick coat that they can’t shed because they don’t have enough layers beneath it.
- To cover with your other clothes, choose undergarments, sweatshirts, and a waterproof raincoat. Often, wear a flexible hat and gloves to help keep you warm but also give you mobility. To keep your mask from fogging up, consider upgrading to a thermal lens if necessary.
- Bring along a cooler to keep the paint at room temperature. Paintballs can shatter in the cold, just as they can melt in the sun. To avoid cracking and brittleness, try to keep the paintballs at room temperature. Bringing a heat pack to keep the paint warm inside your pod pack is also a smart idea.
- You can either upgrade your CO2 tank or wait. In colder weather, filling CO2 tanks can be more complex and time-consuming. Shooting less and at a slower pace is the best way to deal with this. It’s best to upgrade your tank to a high-pressure air tank, or HPA tank, if you intend on playing a lot during the winter.
- Keep an eye on what’s going on around you. And sure to keep an eye out for ice patches or slick socks. Bring extra socks in case moisture gets inside your shoes and wear traction boots or shoes.
When playing paintball in any weather, preparation is essential. Make sure your attire and equipment are appropriate for the situation and weather in which you will be playing.
The real answer to the question Why Is Paintball So Expensive, do you know that Paintball is not typically a low-cost one-time activity. It is possible to rent your gear only once, but this will still cost you a significant amount of money. Paintball can be a fun activity to do with friends or family. Always be ready for your outing to ensure a pleasant and enjoyable experience.